BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
1600 Route 70, Lakewood, NJ 08701-5906
Phone: 732/367-0900 | Fax: 732/370-4928 | 102 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
This luxurious Lakewood hotel has just completed a 1 million dollar renovation and features spa rooms with whirlpool tubs a luxurious linen. Combine those perks with cable satellite television, pay-per-view movies, Super Nintendo®, a microwave, refrigerator, and free wireless Internet and you've got the makings for a fantastic getaway. If you are interested in a Lakewood hotel, stay with the Best Western Leisure Inn as it was voted - Best Hotel in Ocean County. Your next adventure is right at your fingertips.
Located in Ocean County just off exit 89B of the Garden State Parkway, at the juncture of Route 70, near Bay Head, Point Pleasant, Lakehurst, Manchester, Seaside Heights, and Brick. Local corporations and attractions in our area include but are not limited to the Lakewood Industrial Park, Lakehurst NAES, Georgian Court University, Ocean County College, Historic Strand Theatre in Lakewood, Robert Miller Air Park, and Oyster Creek/Exelon Power Plant. We are just 5 minutes from Lakewood BlueClaws Baseball at FirstEnergy Park. Convenient proximity to Nestle, Ritacco Center/Poland Springs Arena, Meredian Health, Morgan Stanley, Worthington Chemical, Dudley Chemical, Kimball Institute, Vogelsang Manufacturing. We are just 10 minutes from Seaside Beach and Boardwalk, 20 minutes from Point Pleasant Beach and Boardwalk, and about 60 minutes from Newark Liberty International and Atlantic City.
An outdoor seasonal pool is a sublime place to relax and soak up the rays. Don't forget to fill up at our complimentary breakfast before hitting the pool. Enjoy an impressive buffet of sizzling hot waffles, flaky delicious pastries, fresh fruits, a variety of cereal and yogurt, and our famous 100% Arabica coffee and cold juices.
Whether you're here for Six Flags® Great Adventure or simply passing through on business, this Lakewood hotel has you covered.
Book a room at BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn and get ready to be treated like the royalty you are! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Free parking
- Complimentary continental breakfast, Choice of breads, Cereal, Fruit, Eggs, Yogurt, Juice, Coffee and Hot waffles.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary coffee and tea available in the lobby, 24 hours
- Outdoor pool, is open from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, coin operated washers and dryers, nominal fee
- Bus parking
- Meeting facilities
- Fax services
- High-speed Internet access
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Inter/Exter corridor
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western leisure inn in Lakewood.
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
Conveniently located, the best western leisure inn in Lakewood, New Jersey is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.053015 / Latitude: -74.172019
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: North. Take Garden State Parkway Exit 89B, bear right onto Route 70 West. Take the U-turn just past the first light, at Airport Road. Come back through the light and turn left onto Route 70 East. The BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn is a half a mile on your right.
From: South. Take the Garden State Parkway North to Exit 89A. Stay to the right. Make a right hand turn. This will be Route 70 West. Take Route 70 West to U-turn at Airport Road. Take U-turn to Route 70 East. The BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn is approximately 0.25 mile after the U-turn.
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
An upscale outlet shopping center, the Jersey Shore Premium Outlets offer the outlet catalog of over 120 designer and name brand stores. Located in the Jersey shore region near Hazlet and easily accessible off the Garden State Parkway, this is a prime location to save 25 to 65 percent off of high-quality products and merchandise.
The mall houses a range of apparel retailers, such as Adidas, Calvin Klein, Under Armour, DKNY, Banana Republic, Diesel, Guess, Quiksilver, and Rue21. Shoe stores include brands such as Converse, Reebok, Journeys, and Ugg Australia; the mall also offers housewares, accessories, and jewelry stores.
Located on the grounds of Toms River North High School, Pine Belt Arena is a multi-purpose public facility hosting local high school basketball games and many Toms River School District functions. In conjunction with the school district, the arena is also used to host concerts and performances.
This 3,208 seater has seen the likes of the Harlem Globetrotters, roller derby championships, cheer competitions, and performers such as Kelly Clarkson, the Beach Boys, Vanessa Carlton, and the Moody Blues. Located in the Jersey shore region, the arena is a short drive from Lakewood.
Point Pleasant Beach
A crowd favorite destination in the summer, Point Pleasant Beach greets the Atlantic Ocean in the Jersey Shore region.
he beach itself features the famous Point Pleasant Beach boardwalk, where arcades, wheels of chance and games of skill exist alongside food, rides, and gift shops.
Further along, the boardwalk comes across Jenkinson's Aquarium and a fun house.
Visitors also have access to charter boats, first class dining & restaurants, nightlife, antique shops, water sports, and scuba diving.
Special events include the Festival of the Sea, which is held ever September. The beach is located east of Lakewood.
El Toro Coaster at Six Flags
Chock-full of family-fun, Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari is renowned amusement park in northern New Jersey.
Although the park houses a plethora of rides, specific fan favotires include the El Toro wooden coaster and the Nitro steel coaster – both come heralded by the Amusement Today Golden Ticket Awards.
Apart form the coasters, the park also houses the Safari Off Road Adventure, featuring up-close-and-personal views of some of earth's most exotic creatures.
The fun continues at Six Flags with Six Flags Hurricane Harbor – the wet 'n wild portion of the park.
Opened in 1922, the Strand Center for the Arts has entertained Lakewood area guests with a number of comedies, Broadway shows, musical concerts, dinner shows, and plays ever since. In fact, the theater is affectionately known as one of the "best acoustical theaters" in America.
The theater has played host to a number of renowned shows over the years, including everyone from George Carlin to Taylor Swift to Charlie Daniels. Visitors are encouraged to take a Theater Tour to further acquaint themselves with the theater's longstanding history and significance to the Newark region.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Retirement Communities, Leisure Village - Lakewood, Leisure Village East - Lakewood, Alterra Clare Bridge - Brick
- 4.00 mile(s) from Lakewood Blue Claws, The BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn Lakewood is only four miles from the Lakewood BlueClaws at First Energy Park!Catching a Lakewood BlueClaws Baseball game is one of the best things to do at the Jersey Shore. Located in Lakewood NJ, FirstEnergy Park is the home of the BlueClaws and one of New Jersey's most popular day trip destinations. Join Buster and the gang for a jam-packed season of minor league baseball with plenty of crowd-pleasing surprises and free food for the kids! The Lakewood BlueClaws are the single A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team and a fan favorite for minor league baseball entertainment. FirstEnergy Park also accommodates groups, parties, fundraisers, corporate events, and business meetings in the conference center or outdoor catered picnic areas.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Jenkinson's Point Pleasant, looking for a hotel near Point Pleasant Beach, boardwalk and amusement part? Look no further than the BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn - only 20 minutes away from this popular Jersey Shore vacation spot. Point Pleasant is home to the Jenkinson's Boardwalk and Aquarium which offers some of the cleanest beaches in New Jersey. There are several bars and eateries along the beach. Jenkinson's South Family Amusement Center is absolutely awesome at night. The dazzling lights burn through the night sky and the smell of the Ocean surf is in the air. Hot summer nights don't get much better than the Jenkinson's Boardwalk.
- 15 mile(s) from Seaside Heights Boardwalk, The BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn is just a short 15 minute ride. The boardwalk is one of the busiest at the shore, thanks to the amusement pier, a water park, wall-to-wall arcades, souvenir shops, informal dining like the Sawmill – think pizza, sausage sandwiches, clams on the half shell – and lively evening entertainment. Check out Jenkinson's Breakwater Beach Water Park at Casino Pier, Coin Castle or Lucky Leo's to name a few. Just one block west of the beach is where you’ll find full-service restaurants. In summer, free seaside entertainment includes movies on the beach, concerts and weekly fireworks displays. Although the summer sun is obviously a big draw, many popular events take place here year ’round, including rollicking Columbus Day and St. Patrick’s Day parades and the annual Polar Bear Plunge, where intrepid swimmers dive into the icy Atlantic in winter to raise money for the Special Olympics.
- 30.00 mile(s) from Six Flags Great Adventure, Theme Park
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 6.00 mile(s) from Downtown Lakewood
- 50.00 mile(s) from Atlantic City
- 4.0 mile(s) from Lakewood Industrial Park, Lakewood Industrial Park is the home of many Corporations and Manufacturers in Ocean County.
- 3.33 mile(s) from Abco HVAC
- 4.0 mile(s) from Component Hardware
- 5.0 mile(s) from Worthington Chemical
- 2.0 mile(s) from Meredian Health
- 6.0 mile(s) from Morgan Stanley
- 5.0 mile(s) from Gaming Labaratories
- 2.0 mile(s) from Astor Chocolate
- 4.0 mile(s) from Kimball Medical Center
- 7.0 mile(s) from Perlmart Supermarkets
- 5.00 mile(s) from Georgian Court University
- 8.00 mile(s) from Ocean County College
- 23.00 mile(s) from Monmouth University
BEST WESTERN Leisure Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Lakewood. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Morristown Farmer's Market
Get a true "taste" of Morristown with the Morristown Farmer's Market, open for business each Sunday morning located at Spring and Morris Streets.
2015 Westifield Festifall
Make your way to downtown Westfield for an afternoon of unique vendors, rides, festival food, and activities for the kids. The festival start time is TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean